The Financial Analyst will be responsible for conducting financial analysis, budgeting and planning, and the creation and presentation of financial statements, reports, and revenues, and reporting and metrics functions. The position will provide information to the leadership team on cost savings, cost analysis, financial management, financial metrics, and financial improvement opportunities. The Financial Analyst will also perform backfill support for data analysis needs. The Financial Analyst will report to the Director, Finance.
• Assist the Director, Finance in monitoring and analyzing financial accounts on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
• Support the Finance leadership team in providing market and margin analysis, pricing models, and cost development support services.
• Analyze financial information using queries, spreadsheets, databases and other reporting tools for trend analysis, forecasting, and financial ratios.
• Analyze trends, make financial projections, and assess financial risk.
• Produce financial reports for management, as needed or requested, including income statements, cash flow statements, and balance sheets.
• Conduct in-depth analysis of program data and performing computations with a high degree of independence.
• Collect, extract, analyze, and manage financial information.
• Ensure accuracy of reports by reviewing data and resolving discrepancies internally for assigned reports.
• Prepare reports and projections based on financial data, consolidating for leadership team.
• Create and submit journal entries and reports.
• Track and analyze revenue data.
• Participate in project meetings related to financial analysis, data analysis, and management.
• Support internal dashboards and reporting, including the review of dashboards created by other team members.
• Review and support DCS finance group team members as needed.
• Review and monitor compliance with the federal and state regulations.
Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, accounting, a related field, or equivalent experience
REQUIRED WORK EXPERIENCE
5 – 7 years of finance related experience
Demonstrated experience/skills in appropriate computer, statistical, or database applications
Demonstrated ability to write reports, analyze financial documents, journal articles, and/or other technical documents
Excellent communication, both oral and written
Interpersonal skills necessary to interact successfully with a wide range of individuals
Proven analytical skills to process large amounts of information to find cost savings methods
Ability to work independently and collaboratively
Ability to recognize potential financial problems, engage in strategic planning and analysis of financial resources, markets, and products, assist management in making sound, profitable financial decisions
Demonstrated experience using computer-based tools including word processing, databases, and advanced experience with Microsoft Excel
Master’s Degree in Finance, accounting, or related field
Certified Public Account (CPA) or equivalent certification(s)
PREFERRED WORK EXPERIENCE
6 – 8 years of experience in health sciences, healthcare, or disability services fields
Software Powered by iCIMS