GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the direction of the Financial Compliance Unit (FCU) Director or designee, the Auditor II will perform, and eventually oversee, financial audits/reviews. This position will be integral in implementing all auditing policies, procedures, and contractual obligations. The Auditor II will have a key role in the FCU audit activities.
Commonwealth Medicine (CWM) is the consulting division of UMass Medical School. The FCU, within CWM, performs financial audits and reviews of Nursing Facilities and Hospitals to ensure compliance with MassHealth provider, administrative, and billing regulations. The FCU also performs various tasks related to billing, reporting and financial reviews of other state government programs. FCU staff are primarily accountants, auditors and staff, highly skilled in Access and Excel.
• Hospital audit experience in excess of 5 years
• Nursing home audit experience in excess of 5 years
• Experience with hospital accounting systems
• Bachelor’s or master’s degree in accounting
• CPA, or equivalent, preferred
• Exceptional knowledge of accounting principles and financial reporting
• Exceptional knowledge of MassHealth MMIS, eligibility and claims systems
• Experience in managing multiple staff, various staffing levels
• Extensive experience in managing reporting processes
• Proficient in MS Access, Excel and MSOffice
• Strong quantitative and analytical skills
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills
• Exceptional organizational skills
• Leadership skills required, as well as team oriented
• Exceptionally strong interpersonal skills
• Extensive experience with Zoom and Teams
• Ability to be productive and self sufficient in a remote setting.