GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the direction of the Principal Investigator or Designee, the Research Associate performs a variety of complex research experiments.
Under the direction of the Principal Investigator, or designee
May functionally supervise Lab Technicians and Aides
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Wet chemistry laboratory, and may require appropriate contact with biohazards, radionuclides, toxins, animals, and human specimens.
We are looking for a research associate to join the Byrne lab, which aims to understand the mechanisms that regulate an adult neuron’s ability to repair itself after injury or neurodegenerative disease. The position entails research as well as lab-management.
- Research: molecular cloning, microscopy, data analysis, data presentation
- Lab management: ordering, setting up, operating and maintaining standard equipment (microscopes, centrifuges, pipettes, etc.)
- Preparing and re-stocking shared resources
- Maintaining and freezing strains
- *Experience with C. elegans and/or molecular biology is an asset*